My group uses computational and systems biological approches to understand disease mechanisms. We employ large scale genomics, transcriptomics and other high-throughput datasets and analyse them in the context of molecular interaction networks. Broadly, our research projects fall into these caterogies: a) Understanding long term persistence of Mycobacterium tuberculosis in the host b) Building protein and gene-regulatory networks for pathogenic organisms and c) Mining expression data in oral cancer to discover potential biomarkers for clinical diagnosis
- Uma M, Hegde SR, Rao PP, Nagalekshmi K, Gauthami S, Kumar D and Hegde NR (2018) A novel point mutation (L70P) inactivates poliovirus 3C protease. Acta Virologica 62:68-77
- Ahmed W, Sala C, Hegde SR, Jha RK, Cole ST and Nagaraja V (2017) Transcription facilitated genome-wide recruitment of topoisomerase I and DNA gyrase. PLoS Genetics 2;13(5):e1006754
- Hegde SR, Pal K and Mande SC (2014) Differential enrichment of regulatory Motifs in the composite network of Protein-protein and Gene regulatory Interactions BMC Systems Biology. 8:26.
- Permina EA, Medvedeva YA, Baeck PM, Hegde SR, Mande SC and Makeev VJ (2013) Identification of self-consistent Modulons from bacterial microarray expression data with the help of structured regulon gene sets. Journal of Biomolecular Structure and Dynamics 31(1):115-24.
- Hegde SR, Rajasingh H, Das C, Mande SS and Mande SC (2012) Understanding communication signals during mycobacterial latency through predicted genome-wide protein interactions and Boolean modeling. PLoS One 7(3):e33893.
- Jailkhani N, Ravichandran S, Hegde SR, Siddiqui J, Mande SC and Rao KVS (2011) Delineation of key regulatory elements identifies points of vulnerability in the Mitogen- activated Signaling Network. Genome Research . 21(12):2067-81.
- P Manimaran, Hegde SR and Mande SC (2009) Prediction of Conditional Gene Essentiality through Graph theoretical Analysis of genome-wide Functional Linkages, Molecular Biosystems DOI: 10.1039/b905264j.
- Hegde SR, P Manimaran and Mande SC (2008) Dynamic Changes in Protein Functional Linkage Networks Revealed by Integration with Gene Expression Data. PLoS Computational Biology . 4: e1000237.
Current Group Members:
- Ms. Vimla Kany G Ami (Research Assistant)
- Mr. Rohan Thampi (MSc Student)
Please e-mail with your CV and a brief write-up on your academic interests.