IBAB is located in Electronic City (Phase I), southern part in City of Bengaluru. Bengaluru is third largest city in India, also known as Silicon Vally of India. The city is well connected to all parts of India and can be easily reached.
Kempegowda International Airport(BLR/VOBL) located in north-east side serves city for both domestic and international destinations. All domestic airliners in India operate direct flights from and to Bengaluru. Cities such as Mumbai, New Delhi, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Chennai, Pune have good connectivity with more than ten direct flights every day. All domestic and international destinations from airport can be found here.
Bengaluru City Juction(SBC) and Yeswanthpur(YPR) are two major railway stations in city. All express trains from City to major parts of country operate from these stations. Bypassing trains also have halt at Krinshnarajapuram station(KJM). More information can be found here.
KSRTC and many other private operators run daily buses to major cities in Karnataka as well as nearest states such as Maharashtra, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Telangana, and Goa. Most of these are overnight journey and very comfortable. Find your buses: KSRTC PRIVATE OPERATORS
Once you reach Bengaluru, you can reach IBAB by City Bus, Auto or Cab. Cabs and Auto are reletively expensive, City Bus is the most preferred way and also very cheap. Bengaluru Metropolitan Transport corporation (BMTC), a subsidiary of KSRTC operates buses in City. Bus routes are noted below.
Bus Routes: (Please refer map for correct direction. Click on route for more information.)
- From Yeswanthpur: Arrival by Train (Yeswanthpur Junction)
* Any Bus to Majestic(KBS) or Central Silk Board then as follows.
- From Majestic: Arrival by Bus/Train (Kempegowda Bus Station/Bengaluru City Junction)
KBS-3E Non AC : Alight at SIEMENS/BHEL BUS STOP-2/3 min walk to IBAB.356C AC : Alight at SIEMENS/BHEL BUS STOP-2/3 min walk to IBAB.* Any bus to Central Silk Board. Alight at Central Silk Board Or Roopena Agrahara. Board in 356CW NON AC (FLYOVER) : Alight at SIEMENS/BHEL BUS STOP-2/3 min walk to IBAB.
* Any bus towards Electronic City : Alight at ELECTRONIC CITY BUS STOP- 10/15 min walk to IBAB.
- From KIA: Arrival by Air (Kempegowda International Airport)
BMTC operates direct AC bus service KIAS-8 from Airport to Electronic City Infosys Gate. Alight at last stop INFOSYS GATE BUS STOP-10/12 min walk to IBAB.
- OTHER PARTS OF CITY: Any bus towards Electronic City : Alight at ELECTRONIC CITY BUS STOP-10/15 min walk to IBAB or Any bus towards Wipro Gate: Alight at SIEMENS/BHEL BUS STOP-2/3 min walk to IBAB.MAJESTIC or CENTRAL SILK BOARD can be used as transient locations.
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology,
Biotech Park, Electronics City Phase I,
Bengaluru 560 100, India
Tel: 080-285 289 00, 080-285 289 01, 080-285 289 02
|CONTACT IBAB||KSRTC BUS SERVICE||INDIAN RAILWAYS: IRCTC||BENGALURU AIRPORT||BENGALURU CITY BUS SERVICE: BMTC|