Advertisement for the position of Project Assistant
Applications are invited for the position of project assistant in the Synthetic Biology group at IBAB, Bengaluru. The successful candidate will provide research support and manage the maintenance of equipment and laboratory space, including ordering materials and equipment for the faculty. Specialised training will be given in the research project which involves genome manipulation of cancer and primary cell lines using CRISPR-Cas9 methods. The position will be available for a period of three years initially and extendable by further two years.
Essential Qualifications, Experiences and Skills:
1. Masters degree (M.Sc. OR equivalent) in Life Sciences/ Biochemistry/ Molecular Biology/ Biotechnology/ Zoology/ Genetics or related subjects with at least 60% of marks or 6.50 CGPA from a recognized university.
2. Excellent hands-on skills in culturing and maintenance of cell lines, transfection procedures as well as basic cell and molecular biology techniques.
3. Experience in working in a research laboratory and/or tissue culture facility.
4. Good IT skills including use of Microsoft Office packages and competent in data analyses.
5. Ability to carry out basic maintenance of general lab equipments and resources.
6. Good organisational and prioritisation skills, ability to maintain accurate records.
7. Team player and willingness to learn.
Desirable Experiences and Skills:
1. Experience in reporter assays, microscopy and FACS analyses.
2. Experience of working with primary human cell lines.
3. Experience of working in industry.
Remuneration will be commensurate with expertise and experience.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants can send a cover letter outlining their motivation and a CV that clearly demonstrates the relevant practical expertise and skills as a single pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Last date for submission of application is 25th January, 2018.
The Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology (IBAB) is a unique institute engaged in education, research and entrepreneur support programs and is based at Electronic City, Bangalore. IBAB’s mission is to catalyze the growth of the biotechnology and bioinformatics industries in India. IBAB has a unique master degree program with dual specialization in bioinformatics and applied biotechnology and an interdisciplinary PhD program. The institute has strong research programs in various disciplines as evidenced by the publication track record of the Faculty. It has excellent infrastructure and environment suitable for cutting edge research. For more details, please visit www.ibab.ac.in