- Last date for receiving online applications:
31 May 2019
- On-campus, face-to-face interview:
Jun 3 – Jun 7, 2019
- Joining date:
- “I have successfully finished my internship, from Universite de la Reunion, I am very grateful to you for whatever I am now and thank everyone in IBAB for their unending willingness in making me a good student.”
- “IBAB has played a very crucial role in shaping my career. Thank you for all the insight and encouragement that helped me choose this career path.”
- “IBAB actually helped to transform us into better human beings! We could step out in the world as wiser and confident individuals. The fun filled hostel life and the lifelong friends too are IBAB’s gift to us. I could have expected nothing better.”
- Dual specialization in Applied Biotechnology and Bioinformatics
- Biotechnology courses include Genetic Engineering (Theory and Practical), Advanced Cell and Molecular Biology, Advanced Biochemistry and Immunology (Theory and Practical), Fermentation and Downstream Processing
- Bioinformatics courses include Sequence Analysis, NGS Data Analysis, Systems Biology, Advanced Mathematics and Statistics, Computer Programming (C, C++, PERL, JAVA, and R ), Structural Bioinformatics, Cheminformatics and Drug Discovery
- Teaching by internationally trained faculty from IBAB as well as from other academic institutes in the Bengaluru area and industry
- Semester-long research project as part of the curriculum
- Opportunities to be a part of interdisciplinary research programs conducted by IBAB faculty
- Exciting campus life
- Over 95% placements of students in industry and academia (700+ students placed from different programs conducted by IBAB)
- For detailed information about the program and curriculum, download the syllabus at: http://www.ibab.ac.in/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/IBAB_MSc_Course_Outline.pdf.
- Applicant should have completed a Bachelor’s degree in Science, Technology or Medicine. Ex., B. Sc. in Biotechnology, Genetics, Biochemistry, Microbiology, Zoology, Botany, Agriculture, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, or Statistics, B. Tech. or B. E. in Computer Science, MBBS, BDS, B. Pharma., BAMS, or BVetMed.
- Note that students who expect to graduate by July 2019 are also eligible.
- Bachelor’s Marks Cutoff: 50% (overall)
- Step 1: Apply online
- Incomplete forms will be rejected.
- IBAB reserves the right to reject the application if the applicant does not meet the eligibility criteria.Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name and Application No. immediately after submitting the form online.
- Step 2: Shortlisting of candidates via Telephone or Skype Interviews
- First round of selection will be based on the student’s performance in the telephone or skype interviews conducted by IBAB faculty
- Step 3: Interview of Shortlisted candidates at IBAB, Bengaluru
- Second round of selection is via a face-to-face interview at IBAB.
- To qualify for the interview, all original certificates (10th, 12th and Bachelor’s transcripts and/or Degree certificate) have to be produced for verification.
- Step 4: Fee payment and admission
- All fees can be paid by NEFT or Demand Draft (DD). Details are given below.
Note: Admission is liable to be cancelled if any fraudulent records are found even after securing admission. Any fees paid already will not be refunded.
- For students from India : 500/-
- For NRI/Foreign students: 1000/-
- The application fee is non-refundable.
- Name of the Account: Institute of Bioinformatics & Applied Biotechnology
- Account No: 036005011787
- Type of Account: Current Account
- Name of the Bank : ICICI
- Bank Branch: Electronic City
- IFSC Code : ICIC0000360
Note: Please take a screenshot of the NEFT/IMPS Transaction details. You will need to upload this to complete your application.
DEMAND DRAFT DETAILS:
Demand Draft (DD) for the appropriate amount should be drawn in favor of ‘Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology’ payable at Bengaluru.
Note: Please scan or take a photo of the DD. You will need to upload this to complete your application.
Send the original DD with Student Name and Application No. written on the back to:
Institute of Bioinformatics and Applied Biotechnology
Biotech Park, Electronics City, Phase I
Bengaluru – 560100, Karnataka